Tijuana Iguana Harvest Soap  

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A few days ago I put together a new soap - the Tijuana Iguana. This soap is nutrient-rich soap due to the extra superfatting agents. Subsequently, it took a little bit longer to firm up enough to be unmolded and stamped. I was thinking all-natural and lime and avocado when I was imagining this soap. The only problem with that is that although you can put avocado in a soap, it really doesn't have a scent. So I tickled the lime with a little bit of patchouli to give it a more woodsy-lime scent. Due to the nature of essential oils of the citrus family, the scents usually fade a bit during the soapmaking process so this soap is lightly scented. That may change in the future if I can figure out how to get a stronger scent to stay without saturating the soap.

Anyway, here are my ingredients:

pureed avocado
extra virgin olive oil
palm oil
coconut oil
vegetable shortening
castor oil
avocado oil
essential oils
natural mineral pigments

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 People had Something to Say: to “ Tijuana Iguana Harvest Soap

Thank you for visiting us today!