The Domain Game, Labels, and Soapmaking  

Friday, November 04, 2005

I probably won't have time to make any soap today, but possibly sometime this weekend. The kids are underfoot, and when that happens, soap doesn't. I have a blemish control type soap in mind for this next batch. After doing a lot of research on what herbs would be best, I put together the herbal infusion previously and it's been sitting and steeping so it should be good and ready when I get around to throwing my ingredients together. Problem is, I don't know many people that have blemish control problems... or at least anyone that will admit to it. So I might have to wait until I have a freakish breakout to see if the soap will work. I could always send some to Emily, but then I'd never hear anything back about it. Hmmm... dilemmas, dilemmas.

Good news on the home front.... www.feralmoon.com is now ours! Mwa ha ha hahahaha. Oops. Please pardon the maniacal laughter there. It got away with me. I've been trying to grab that site for months now. The expiration date had come and gone and I was in contact with various domain people to try to find out WHY it wasn't showing up as available. After becoming increasingly frustrated due to getting the runaround and people not answering my questions because afterall, they'd have to stretch their toes just a little to think outside the box.... I just waited it out and kept checking on the domain availability daily. So I've pointed the other website (feral-moon.com) over to the new one. It is STILL just a placeholder page, but at least it has point of contact information on it until we can get something up and going. I'm not a web guru so I have no idea how to do that. But the name's in place for starters.

I had Eddie reprint my labels so that I can at least have the slightly modified, yet correct website address on them. I can't figure out what is wrong with our printer, so I can't print from here. The colors are all funky and we've even tried installing new ink cartridges. It's really annoying. That and it's been about two years since I've been able to print anything from where I sit using MY machine. If I want to print anything, I have to do the work on my machine and then get on Eddie's machine and print from there. That's inconvenient and irritating. We haven't been able to figure out what's wrong with our setup. I USED to be able to print from my machine. It's been so long though that we don't remember if there was anything specific that we did that would give us some clue as to why it's not working any more. It could be something having to do with printer drivers - whatever those are. We have a friend that is excellent with computer hardware and repair but Eddie just hasn't had the time to have him walk us through what might be a rather long process.

Okay now that I've stopped rambling temporarily, the Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey AND the Pumpkin bars are ready for use. Justine, I know that I owe you some soap. Honestly, I'll get to the post office soon. I'm going to try and pack some up today so that I can aspire to get to the post office tomorrow. I'm gonna put the new labels on them so it'll look all professional and everything. Sorry to keep you waiting. :(

That's it for now.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 People had Something to Say: to “ The Domain Game, Labels, and Soapmaking ”

Thank you for visiting us today!