Our Kid Says Funny Things
Sunday, September 06, 2009
One other thing that I must jot down before I forget.
We are a gaming family. My husband is a software engineer and he writes, develops, and designs computer games. And it just so happens that we play a lot of games at home. The kids come by it naturally. Our six year old is a genius at computer games. It was a proud, proud moment when she first beat her daddy at Mario Kart. She's also finished Super Mario Galaxy - something neither my husband or I have yet to do.
So anyway, we also all play Diablo. Yeah yeah, so it's a 'dark' game. But hey! It's great for hand/eye coordination. And reading quests. (Shhhh we play World of Warcraft too.) Ok, back to the point. My daughter just suddenly has a thought the other evening while not actually playing the game and says the following.
We are a gaming family. My husband is a software engineer and he writes, develops, and designs computer games. And it just so happens that we play a lot of games at home. The kids come by it naturally. Our six year old is a genius at computer games. It was a proud, proud moment when she first beat her daddy at Mario Kart. She's also finished Super Mario Galaxy - something neither my husband or I have yet to do.
So anyway, we also all play Diablo. Yeah yeah, so it's a 'dark' game. But hey! It's great for hand/eye coordination. And reading quests. (Shhhh we play World of Warcraft too.) Ok, back to the point. My daughter just suddenly has a thought the other evening while not actually playing the game and says the following.
"Dad, I need to destroy Mephisto's Soulstone on the Hellforge and find Izual on the Plains of Despair."
And a few days ago, both our girls were playing together and their conversations went like this:
T: "Ding Dong"
B: "Come in!"
T: "Hello."
B: "The Order welcomes you!"
Okay, so if you play Diablo those will make sense to you. If not, then not so much. But trust me. From a six year old, it's FUNNY!


















October 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM
hee hee, my oldest is only 2 and a half, but I am with you, kids say the silliest things I still can't get over "wanna see my pee mommy? Yes you do, you want to see my pee mommy!"