Bar None Goat's Milk Soap  

Monday, March 16, 2009

Today's guest blogger is my daughter, Emily.

Haha! I have officially taken over my mom's blog, though she says she gave me permission, I say I've commandeered it. So, on Saturday of this weekend, the fourteenth for those mathematically challenged like myself, Mom and I made a batch of Bar None goat's milk soap. Well... she made it while I watched and chattered her ear off. It turned into a nice buttermilk color as we mixed all the ingredients together in her big pot of soapy goodness. It lightened a bit after that when we poured it into the wooden mold she has, giving it the appearance of some delicious vanilla pudding. She wrapped it up and put in the pantry, trying to save it from poking little fingers. We left it be after that.

The next day, Sunday, we took the Bar None out of the pantry and took the wrapping off, simply to see if it had set up nicely. To our surprise the soap turned out a nice cream color and was ready to cut into bars as soon as we took it out. Mom used her new Feral Moon soap stamp to mark them as her product, before giving them the longest photo shoot I've ever seen soap have. Backdrops and talking to them included. All I did was wield the hammer to hit the stamps. Yay me!


Jenine here again. The wonderful custom stamp done for me (great picture of it below on one of the bars of Bar None) is from Melita at Print Letterpress on Etsy.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 People had Something to Say: to “ Bar None Goat's Milk Soap ”

Thank you for visiting us today!