Glendenwood Shaving Soap
Thursday, October 20, 2005
On August 26th, I set to work making a bath soap that could also be used for shaving. I wanted something that wouldn't be gender specific, so I blended some scents together and I think I came up with a winner. Well, at least *I* like it. To date, this is possibly my favorite of all my soaps. This soap is jammed with ingredients that are not only great for conditioning and moisturizing, but also to provide slip for shaving, to help with razor drag, burns, cuts, everything. I made this soap via a hot process method using my crockpot. My ingredients are as follows:
rice bran oil
palm oil 
palm kernel oil
extra virgin olive oil
coconut oil
jojoba oil
castor oil
chamomile
allantoin
sodium lactate
oatmeal
bentonite clay
fragrance oil
FDA approved colorant
trace of dill for color spots of green
The end result is a light green bar with little dark green flecks throughout. The scent is sort of musky/woodsy, but not too much of either. I used this soap on my legs with great results. Later in the day, I was trying to remember whether I had put lotion on or not because my legs didn't itch like they normally did after shaving and my skin actually felt like I had used lotion. I finally remembered that I didn't use any lotion - it was all just the after effects of the soap. Pretty good stuff! Also, the scent of the soap lingers a little. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.
On a slightly different note, Eddie used this soap on his face and although he said he liked it a lot, he is too used to shaving creams that change colors and leave a thick foam so that he can see if there's any place he's missed. Sounds like a 'personal problem' to me. :)
I'll see if I can adjust the formula in the future, or possibly come up with something different so he can use MY stuff and not some stupid store-bought rubbish. In the meantime, it does work great on legs!
Try it for yourself and see.

















0 People had Something to Say: to “ Glendenwood Shaving Soap ”
Post a Comment