Blueberries & Coffee Kitchen Soap
Thursday, October 20, 2005
My first soap! I made a cold process kitchen soap on July 25, 2005, using a blueberry- type coffee at extra strength. My ingredients are as follows:
extra virgin olive oil
palm oil
palm kernel oil
coconut oil
soybean oil
castor oil
coffee and coffee grounds
These bars cured at an average weight of 4 ounces each. This is before I had my handy dandy cutting tool, so the bars aren't exactly uniform, but they're close. The bars have a nice, rich, dark brown color to them with coffee flecks throughout. I think the soap works really well. It lathers extremely well, makes your hands soft, and the coffee grounds really help with those cooking odors like onions and such. The grounds also help if your hands get sticky (we recently had a Lyle's spillage incident). This soap lacks our little Feral Moon stamp, due to the fact that we didn't have it when I made this batch.
I know folks usually reach for liquid soap when in the kitchen, but if you give this soap a try - please let me know how it works for you.
The picture above shows these bars as being a little lighter than they really are. I tried taking a picture without the flash, but that made the bars so dark, you couldn't see the little flecks of coffee. At least with the flash, you can see the coffee.

















0 People had Something to Say: to “ Blueberries & Coffee Kitchen Soap ”
Post a Comment